In preparation for the 2018-2019 school year, the Board of Education is seeking the cooperation of parents/guardians in registering their child on the following dates. Pre-registration is requested in order to provide the School District Administration the time to plan staffing to meet school needs.
Schools are open to take registration for Kindergarten from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. between January 8, 2018 and March 9, 2018.
The School District will make every effort to place students who have registered by March 9, 2018 in their catchment area school. Students registering after March 9, 2018 may not be granted place in their catchment area school.
To be eligibile for entry to school in September 2018 students must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2018. A birth certificate, proof of immunization, a BC Care Card and parent/guardian proof of ordinarily resident will be required at the time of registration.
Acceptable documentation for evidence that parent/guardian is “ordinarily resident”:
- BCMSP (BC CareCard) coverage AND one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows; or
- Valid BC Services Card (replacement for BC CareCard) AND one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows
Supporting documentation for evidence that parent/guardian is “ordinarily resident” (address must match the address listed on the Student’s Registration & Verification Form):
- Provincial Driver’s License
- Document indicating British Columbia resident (i.e. utility bill)
- Proof of ownership of a dwelling or long-term lease or rental of a dwelling
- A current income tax return filed as a BC resident
To register for Kindergarten classes, please register your child at your neighbourhood primary/elementary school as detailed in the 2018-2019 CMSD82 Kindergarten Registration Procedures Notice (click on link to open). If you wish information on school boundaries, please contact any of the principals as listed in the CMSD82 2018-2019 Kindergarten Registration Procedures.
French Immersion Kindergarten and Grade One:
- A student does not have to be of French origin to enroll in French Immersion.
- Registration for French Immersion Kindergarten and Grade One takes place at schools indicated with an * as listed in the 2018-2019 CMSD82 Kindergarten Registration Procedures Notice (click on link to open).
- Registration for French Immersion Grade One is for students presently attending Kindergarten in English, who would like to begin in the French Immersion Program.