Due to poor road conditions, please be informed of the following Bus Run cancellations and delays for today, January 20:
- Terrace Bus Runs #1, #2 and #16 for Terrace East, Gossen, Copper River, Lower Thornhill and Copper Mountain) are cancelled today, January 20 (morning and afternoon).
- Terrace Bus Run 10 (Rosswood) and Kitimat Bus Run 37 (Cable Car) are delayed.
All other bus runs are operating their regular schedules today noting delays are expected.
Important Note: Sidewalks, parking lots and roadways may be extremely slippery due to current rain on snow and ice, extreme caution should be used.
Parents and caregivers should contact the CMSD82 Transportation Department at (250) 638-4418 should they have questions or concerns.
CMSD82 2022-2023 New Student Registration & Cross-Boundary Application Notice (PDF Format)
School District 82 Policy 1030 outlines student attendance/catchment area procedures in accordance with Ministry of Education policies on Schools of Choice. It is important that parents/guardians take note of specific deadlines defined within this policy and ensure the registration procedures listed below are followed:
New In-Catchment Registration and Confirmation:
- Registrations will be received by February 25, 2022 for new students including Kindergarten. Contact your in-catchment school to make an appointment to receive the registration forms.
Student registration is by appointment only. School and contact information is available by accessing the following links:
CMSD82 Schools & Contact Information
CMSD82 2021-2022 Principal, Vice Principal & School Contact Listing
- The school district will make every effort to place students who have registered by February 25, 2022 in their catchment area school. Students registering after February 25, 2022 may not be granted placed in their catchment area school.
- Applications received after this February 25, 2022 will have to wait until school staffing is complete before receiving status of school enrollment. Wait-listed in-catchment students may be moved as soon as space is available. Wait-listed in-catchment students will be notified of their status for the school year as soon as possible or by the first Friday following school opening.
Cross Boundary Applications and Confirmation:
- By February 25, 2022, parents/guardians must first register at their catchment area school (by appointment only), then complete a Cross Boundary Application for their school of choice. The catchment area school will forward the Cross Boundary Application to the school of choice.
- Please note: Effective the 2022-2023 school year, Cross Boundary Applications to Uplands Elementary School will be restricted to children with a sibling currently enrolled in the school. Cross Boundary Applications, otherwise, will not be accepted for Uplands Elementary School. For your information, we provide a link to the Backgrounder on this decision:
Backgrounder – UES Cross Boundary Application Restrictions 2022-2023
- Confirmation of Cross Boundary Applications will be provided by the first Friday following school opening, or as soon as possible following this date, pending staff allocations and school configurations. Parents/guardians applying for cross boundary status are advised the decision related to Cross Boundary Applications may not be decided until the first week of school in the 2022-2023 school year. Parents/guardians, therefore, must register first at their catchment area school.
- In-Catchment Students: Those students who live in the attendance areas defined for each school. The school the student would normally attend.
- Cross Boundary/Out-of-Catchment Students: Those students who do not live within the defined attendance areas for the school they wish to attend.
- School of Choice: The opportunity to enroll in a school or school program available within the school district.
Should you require further assistance, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Coast Mountains Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at email@example.com.
Help us plan for the future – tell us about your education experience. Students in Grades 4, 7, 10 and 12, their parents and all staff in B.C. public schools are invited to participate in the 2021/2022 Student Learning Survey, an annual online satisfaction survey about their school experience. This year’s survey now open to April 29, 2022.
The survey covers a range of topics, providing a comprehensive picture of the educational experience in B.C. public schools. Questions were developed with input from partner groups, teachers and experts in educational measurement and special education. If a school district or school has added questions, it may take longer. The survey takes about 30 minutes to complete.
All responses are anonymous and confidential. Student and staff surveys are available in English and French. Parent surveys are available in 18 additional languages.
For more information, visit the Ministry of Education’s website at 2021/2022 Student Learning Survey or contact your School Principal.