Skeena School News
- 2021-2022 School Supply Lists
- 2021 CMSD82 District-Wide School Summer Closure
- SMS 2021 – 2022 School Supply List
- Message of Sympathy & Support from Superintendent of Schools
- Updated CMSD82 COVID-19 School Safety Plans
- Updated COVID-19 Potential School Exposure Notifications Received from Northern Health
July 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Information
Dear Skeena Middle School Staff, Parents/Guardians & Families,
I am writing to inform you of notifications received on December 10, 24, January 11, February 11, March 1, 4 and 8 respectively from the Northern Health authority regarding COVID-19 exposures at Skeena Middle School as detailed in the following links. This notice does not mean that you or your child have been exposed to COVID-19. This early notification letter is an alert that someone within the school community has tested positive for COVID-19 and if there was any increased risk to you or your child, you would be contacted directly by Northern Health.
NH Covid Exposure Letter – Skeena Middle School – March 8, 2021
NH Covid Exposure Letter – Skeena Middle School – March 4, 2021
NH Covid Exposure Letter – Skeena Middle School – March 1, 2021
NH Covid Exposure Letter – Skeena Middle School – Feb. 11, 2021
NH Covid Exposure Letter – Skeena Middle School – Jan. 11, 2021
NH Covid Exposure Email – Skeena Middle School – Dec. 24, 2020
NH Covid Exposure Letter – Skeena Middle School – Dec. 10, 2020
Our district is committed to transparency and we will continue to notify school communities of COVID-19 exposures at our schools as soon as public health directs us to do so.
- This exposure alert is a general notice that someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 has been at school. The dates that this individual attended school are included in the notice.
- This notice does not mean that you or your child have been exposed to COVID-19.
What happens next?
- If Northern Health identifies anyone at the school that needs to self-monitor or self-isolate, they will be contacted directly by Northern Health. That contact often occurs within 24 to 48 hours, however, may be shorter or longer depending on the circumstances.
- If you do not receive a phone call or letter, please continue to attend school and monitor for symptoms compatible with COVID-19 as per the school policy.
Again, please see the respective letter and email (above links) for additional information from Northern Health or visit the Northern Health’s exposure website If you have any health questions or concerns, we encourage you to call 811.
Please remember to be cautious against relying on social media for accurate information pertaining to COVID-19. Be assured that the safety and well-being of our students, staff and families is the school district’s primary concern. If you have specific questions related to COVID-19, please do not hesitate to forward your questions to email@example.com, which comes directly to my email inbox. If District staff cannot answer your questions, we will reach out to other organizations to secure the answer and respond to you.
I would like to thank the staff, students and families at Skeena Middle School for their diligent support in adhering to the safety plans and protocols within the school. Through your continued adherence to these protocols, I am confident we will maintain a safe place for staff and students. Take care and stay safe. Together We Are Better!
Superintendent of Schools
News and information about the spread of COVID-19 around the world is coming at us quickly. It can be hard to keep up and if you are keeping up on the latest, it can be even harder to remain calm given all that is going on.
Access the following link to view the resource from the Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions for tips and information to help with stress management.
- BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
- Community-based measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19
- BC Centre for Disease Control – Information on COVID-19
- HealthLink BC – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)